Update: Complete patch notes for Update 2.7.1 in Destiny 2 are live. You can view them here.
In This Week At Bungie blog-post, Bungie revealed that they will be releasing an update 2.7.1 in Destiny 2 this week (Tuesday, Jan, 28th) fixing several issues with the game including some performance issues, and other bugs. They’ve also released a preview of patch notes for this update. Below, you can see a list of these revealed patch notes but expect a complete list tomorrow.
Destiny 2: Update 2.7.1 Patch Notes Preview
- Improved some performance issues in the Chamber of Suffering encounter.
- Fixed an issue where players could die when transitioning from the Necropolis encounter to the Tunnels of Despair.
- Improved a performance issue that could occur when chunks of land return, or are removed during the Sanctified Mind encounter.
- Improved performance when receiving certain investment-related messages. This could be reward acquisition, placing tributes, or interacting with Obelisks.
- The largest impact will be in the Tower, but this should help everywhere.
- Players who load into Crucible matches faster than their peers will no longer be put in black screen. Rather, they will remain in spaceflight until all players have loaded into the match, as before.
- Fixed an issue that is preventing Eris from granting her final Lore entry
- Fixed an issue where the “Green with Envy” Quest was not progressing for some players
- Fixed an issue where the “Playin’ the Odds” emblem was not unlocking correctly for players
- This could prevent some players from fully unlocking the Dredgen title
- Improved Black Armory Rare Bounty acquisition
- Chances increase as you complete weekly and daily bounties
- Guaranteed to drop from bounty completion after 5 days if completing all Ada-1 bounties
- Fixed an issue where the Heavy Handed mod could trigger from Telesto bolts
- Fixed an issue where players could retain buffs from Wormgod Caress, Winter’s Guile, and Synthoceps even after swapping armor
- Equip restrictions on Wormgod Caress and Winter’s Guile will be lifted once this patch has shipped
These are everything for now. Make sure you check back again tomorrow for the full coverage of Update 2.7.1. Furthermore, Bungie will be revealing more details about Destiny 2’s Empyrean Foundation this week as well. Here’s what we think about this activity.
Destiny was released on September 9, 2014, on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. Destiny 2 was released on September 4, 2017, on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It was released later in 2019 on Google Stadia.